- 1999 Habilitation, Université Louis Pasteur, le 19/04/1999, Strasbourg, France «Low-dimensional magnetism : from molecule to lamellar hybrid materials»
- 1990 Ph. D. Thesis in Solid State Chemistry, University of Nantes, France, Department of Chemistry, Institute of Materials (IMN-Jean Rouxel), « Crystal Chemistry of the Misfit Layered Compounds (LnS)n NbS2 (Ln = Rare Earth, yttrium) »
- 1987 Post-Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, University of Nantes, France
- 1986 Master Degree of Science and Technology of Materials, University of Nantes, France
- 1981 Baccalauréat, Série C, Academy of Nantes, France
Solid state chemistry, molecular magnetism, low-dimensional (LD) solids, hybrid organic-inorganic materials. Synthesis, structure-properties relationships, modeling and analysis of the magnetic behavior of LD systems.
- Magnetic behavior of low-dimensional compounds and molecular magnetic materials.
- Layered Organic-Inorganic magnetic and multifunctional materials.
Design, synthesis (solid state reaction, precipitation, hydrothermal synthesis), structural characterization, thermal analysis and magnetic properties of molecular, inorganic and organic-inorganic hybrid solids; design of new metallo-organic hybrids; Analysis of the magnetic properties on the basis of predictive models; Study of systems with competing interactions; Long-range magnetic interaction mechanisms; effect of external stimuli on properties.
Magnetic low dimensional compounds of d and f elements;
Hydrothermal synthesis, structural and magnetic analysis of hybrid organic-inorganic compounds;
Multifunctional hybrid layered materials and nanostructures, with magnetic, photo active, chiral and or bio-inorganic properties;
Magnetic polymer of coordination.
- 2018 – Director of IPCMS
- 2017 Deputy Director of IPCMS
- 2014- 2016, Head of the Department of Inorganic Chemistry of Materials, IPCMS
- 2005 – present, Research director 2d class: C.N.R.S, IPCMS UMR 7504, section 15, Department of Inorganic Materials Chemistry, Strasbourg, France
- 1994 – 2005, Researcher, 1st class
- 1990 – 1994, Researcher, 2d class
- 2013 – 2016 Management committee member of the COST Action MP1202 HINT (Rational Design of Hybrid Interfaces)
- 2016 – Vice-President of the regional section Alsace of the French Chemical Society
- 2013 – 2016 President of the regional section Alsace of the French Chemical Society
- 2005 – 2008, Director of the GdR 2922 du CNRS « Matériaux Hybrides Organisés Multifonctionnels »
- 2001, 2 months, Visiting fellow, Advanced Materials Research Institute, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, USA.
- 1996, 3 months, Research fellow, Institute for Fundamental Organic Chemistry, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
- 1989 – 1990, graduate assistant, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Nantes, CIES Rennes.
- 1987 – 1989, session teacher (1987-89), University of Nantes.
- Materials Research Society; European Materials Research Society
- French Chemical Society (Vice-President of the local section Alsace)
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- French Association for Crystallography, International Union of Crystallography
- 1998 Prize of the Solid State Chemistry division of the French Chemical Society
- Bronze medal (2007) of the National Federation of Youth and Sports