- was born in Marseille, France in 1974. He studied at the University of Aix-Marseille (St Jerome) and received his Master degree in 1999 in the group of Professor Jean-Marc Pons. He started his PhD at King’s College London in 2002 in the group of Prof. Michael North and in 2004 he moved with Professor North to the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. His PhD research didi concerned the development of new chiral metal(salen) complexes (Cu, Co) for use as asymmetric phase transfer catalysts.
- Then he joined the Institut for Research in Biomedecine (IRB) (2006–2008) in Barcelona as a postdoctoral fellow under the direction of Prof. Antoni Riera to develop new chiral metal complexes (Rh, Ir, Cu, Co, Pd et Ag) derived from « PNSO » ligand (chiral sulfoxide) and their application in asymmetric homogeneous catalysis (Pausond-Khand).
- In 2008 (postdoc), he became a member of the group of Pr. Gérard Buono in Marseille (Ism2 UMR-7313, équipe Chirosciences) to work use of Secondary Phosphine Oxide (SPO) as Pre-ligands for both Platinum(II) and palladium(II). These complexes were found to promote tandem [2+1][3+2] cyclization reaction to give cyclopropanation and ring extention.
- In early 2011 (postdoc), he is engage in the Pr. Jérôme Lacour laboratory in Genève University. There, he developed carbenoid insertions reaction on cyclic ether to form heterocycles, catalysed by CpRu complexes bearing diimines ligand.
- Finally, he was appointed as Chargé de recherche (CR) au CNRS in 2014 in the team of Dr. Stéphane Bellemin-Laponnaz of the “Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg (IPCMS, équipe DMO)”. He is focus on the development of new chiral ligands and metalic complexes for homogeneous catalysis together with the discovery of new reactivity.
2013 ACS Catalysis Award . Best oral communication ESOC 2013 MARSEILLE, “ CpRu-catalyzed decomposition of alpha-diazo-beta-ketoesters for the synthesis of unprecedented enol-acetal and dioxene motifs”