2018- present. PhD student from University of Strasbourg (France) (Supervisor: Matteo Mauro)
2015-2017. Master in Chemistry from University of Messina (Italy) (Supervisor: M. Cordaro)
- Thesis: “Synthetical strategies of new uracyl-BODIPY for potential sensor applications”
2012-2015. Bachelor in Chemistry from University of Messina (Italy) (Supervisor: F.H. Kohnke)
- Thesis: “New calyxpyrrole ligands for the selective synthesis of cis-Pt(II) derivatives as potential chemotherapeutic in oncology”
Member of Société Chimique de France (SCF) and Società Chimica Italiana (SCI)
My research is focused on the synthesis and the photophysical characterization of carbene-based organometallic compounds as efficient triplet emitters for different applications.
I kindly acknowledge the International Centre for Frontier Research in Chemistry (icFRC), LabEx Chemistry of Complex Systems (CSC), University of Strasbourg and CNRS for supporting my PhD grant.
Researcher ID: AAX-1203-2020
- Z.Asbai, A. Bonfiglio, P. Mercandelli, F. Polo, M. Mauro, Cationic rhenium(I) complexes bearing a pi-accepting N-heterocyclic carbene ligand: synthesis, photophysical and theoretical investigation, Polyhedron, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.poly.2021.115025
(Invited manuscript for the Virtual Special Issue on “Dative carbon ligands and their applications”)
- H.Chen, Y. Zhang, A. Bonfiglio, F. Morlet-Savary, M. Mauro, J. Lalevée, Rhenium(I) N-heterocyclic carbene complexes in photoinitiating systems for polymerization upon visible light: development of photosensitive resins for 3D and 4D printing applications, ACS Applied Polymer Materials,2020, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsapm.0c01207
- A.Bonfiglio, M. Mauro*, Phosphorescent tris-bidentate IrIII complexes with N-heterocycliccarbene scaffolds: structural diversity and optical properties, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2020, 3427–3442 (Front cover)
(*M. Mauro: Invited manuscript for the Special Issue “Minireviews by Winners of the French Chemical Society Coordination Chemistry Division Prize”)
- A.Bonfiglio, L. Pallova, V. César, C. Gourlaouen, S. Bellemin- Laponnaz, C. Daniel, F. Polo, M. Mauro, Phosphorescent cationic heterodinuclear IrIII/MI complexes (M = CuI, AuI) with a hybrid Janus-type N-heterocyclic carbene bridge, Chemistry – A European Journal, 2020, 26,11751 –11766 (HOT paper and inside cover)
( Invited manuscript for the Special Issue “Young Chemists 2020”)
15.10.2020. Web-conference “PhotOnline: Free online conference of SP2P for and by young researchers” by Société Chimique de France (SCF). Domain: physical chemistry, photochemistry
- Oral communication: “Phosphorescent cationic heterodinuclear IrIII/MI complexes (M= CuI, AuI) with a hybrid Janus-type N-heterocyclic carbene bridge”
4-7.11.2019. 17th European Short Course on “Principles and Applications of Time-resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy” in Berlin, (DE)
2-3.09.2019. 10th Barrande-Vltava, “French-Czech Chemistry Meeting” in Prague, (CZ)
- Poster communication: “Towards the elucidation of aggregation-induced phosphorescence enhancement in heterolepctic Ir(III) complexes”
10-14.06.2019. “VIII Ciamician Photochemistry School” in Bologna, (IT)
16.10.2020. My work as Teaching Assistant at University of Strasbourg has begun.
1.07.2020. I defended my PhD project for the mid-term evaluation!
17.02.2020. My first paper about my PhD work is published on Dalton Transactions!