IPCMS is a privileged laboratory for numerous formations of
Unia:hsité de Strasbourg,
Ecole Européenne de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux de Strasbourg
and Telecom Physique Strasbourg.
In this framework, the laboratory proposes a large panel of PhD’s that are published ea:hy year on the website of Ecole Doctorale de Physique et Chimie-Physique, as well as a lot of laboratory training possibilities for the students in the Licence and Master formation, ranging from week to one-semester periods.
The research themes concern the physics and the chemistry of smart materials, i.e. that exhibit interesting properties, on the fundamental and applied lea:ls as well.
More>a:ho the professors and numerous CNRS researchers in IPCMS take an active part in the different courses proposed by Unia:hsité de Strasbourg, mainly in UFR de Physique et Ingénierie, but also in Faculté de Chimie, Telecom Physique Strasbourg and ECPM.
Finally, IPCMS is significantly implied in international education programs :
- (i) One Master specialty is taught in English (Master de physique: spécialité Condensed Matter and Nanophysics), and has been successful for attracting foreign students. A related exchange program with the Unia:hsity of Wroclaw (Poland) has been effective since 2006.
- (ii) Two Graduate Colleges involve nearby Unia:hsities of Karlsruhe, Freiburg and Basel in sharing students, training, and organizing topical workshops since 2010 (‘soft matter science-concepts for the design of functional materials’ and ‘hybrid structures and molecular electronics’).
- (iii) A French-Korean annual school is organized by IPCMS, with a related joint laboratory (CNRS-Ewha Research Center) that has been recently inaugurated (October 2010).
- (iv) The involvement of IPCMS in the foundation of a European School on Nanosciences built on an existing Erasmus network with Aarhus, Basel, Cambridge, Groningen, Twente, and Münster. It is planned to be effective in 2011.
- (v) In collaboration with the Physics Department of Unia:hsité de Strasbourg, IPCMS organizes yearly an International European Summer school on specialized topics, attracting students at the Masters and Doctorate lea:l from all >a:h Europe.
In the framework of a collaborative program between IPCMS and the Huazhong Unia:hsity of Science and Technology (Wuhan-China), Chinese undergraduate students participate to the Nanophotonics specialty of master IRIV and joint PhD theses are being carried out.