- Labex grant: Nanostructures in Interactions with their Environment (NIE).
- PEPPSI – Plasma-edge physics and plasma-surface interactions (2013-2017),
funded by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- Euratom grant: Plasma-edge, radiation and plasma-facing materials (2013)
- POSITRAP – A positron trap for antihydrogen (2010-2014), funded by the ANR
Activités de recherche
Parcours de recherche
- Basic plasma physics
- Magnetic confinement fusion, tokamak physics
- Plasma-wall interactions, edge-localized modes (ELMs) in tokamaks (see the PEPPSI project)
Ultrafast charge and spin dynamics in metallic and semiconductor nanostructures
- Diluted magnetic semiconductors (DMS)
- Metallic nanostructures and thin films
- Magnetization dynamics in superparamagnetic nanoparticles
- Spin and relativistic effects
- Quantum mechanics in phase space (Wigner functions)
- Quantum hydrodynamics
- Lagrangian and variational methods
- Relativistic quantum mechanics (Dirac equation)
Physics of antimatter
- I am part of the GBAR collaboration (Gravitational Behavior of Anti-hydrogen at Rest)
A detailed description of my research activities (in French) can be found here
Date and place of birth : 26-02-1966, Torino (Italy)
Since 2011: Senior scientist (“Directeur de recherches”) at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg (IPCMS).
Previous professional appointments
2005 – 2011 : CNRS scientist (CR1) at the Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg
October 1999 – December 2004 : CNRS scientist at the Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Ionisés et Applications (LPMIA), Nancy, France
September 1998 – September 1999: Lecturer at the University of Nancy-1, Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Ionisés et Applications.
March 1997 – August 1998: Associate Professor at the School of Cosmic Physics, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, Dublin, Ireland.
October – December 1996: Guest scientist, Institut für Plasmaphysik, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany.
September 1994 – August 1996: Postdoctoral fellowship of the European Union, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, Culham, UK.
April – July 1994: Guest scientist, Canadian Centre for Magnetic Fusion, Varennes, Canada.
1998: Habilitation, Université d’Orléans, France.
Title: “Numerical simulations in plasma physics and quantum mechanics”.
1994: PhD in Plasma Physics, Université d’Orléans, France.
Title: “On the Vlasov, Wigner and Schrödinger models in plasma physics – time-rescaling methods and plasma expansions into a vacuum”.
1991: Degree in Nuclear Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
Bibliometrics (source: Google Scholar)
Total number of publications (1993–2013): 76 (first author in 39)
Papers published in Physical Review Letters: 7
Number of papers cited more than 100 times: 7
See full citation report here
European Union “Human Capital and Mobility” postdoctoral fellowship awarded for 24 months, from 1.9.1994 to 31.8.1996.
Italian (native language), English and French (fluent), basic knowledge of German.